Keep your income coming by updating your Private Hire Vehicle Licence (PHVL) in plenty of time before it expires! We’ll show you exactly how with our handy PHVL renewal guide. Instructions for uploading your PHVL to the app are directly below.
Please note that you will need to upload a clear photograph of your valid Private Hire Vehicle licence. Photocopies and printouts are not acceptable. Make sure that the vehicle details in the document match with your Ola profile.
Updating your PHVL in the app
- Open the Ola driver app
- Enter My Profile > Documents > Car Documents > Private hire car licence
- Upload or scan your badge image in
PHVL renewal overview
The process for renewing your PHV licence changed slightly in January 2020, so it’s important you familiarise yourself with the new one. Read TfL’s guide: Changes to PHV Regulations.
Appointments for licensing inspections are held across six London centres and must be completed within 28 days of your current licence’s expiry date. We advise reading about the full TfL inspection criteria for your vehicle. There are two parts to the inspection process:
1. The vehicle licensing inspection
Book your TfL PHV inspection here.
2. Vehicle licensing documentation inspection
You’ll need to take printed originals of the following documents to your appointment. TfL do not accept electronic copies:
- Current TfL vehicle licence and discs (if applicable)
- V5c DVLA Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Hire and reward insurance documents
- MOT certificate, issued in the last 14 days
- Other relevant documentation pertaining to modification or inspection of your car, such as Voluntary Individual Vehicle Approval (VIVA)
- Certificate of conformity (if required)
We hope this guide has made you a PHVL renewal expert, but there’s plenty here to consider, and we’re sure you have questions. Please contact Transport for London initially to see if they can resolve your query, as they are best placed to do so. Alternatively, your Partner Care team will be happy to help.