At Ola we acknowledge the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of our customers and driver-partners. We are committed to ensuring practices that reflect statutory responsibilities, government guidance and best practice identified across the private hire sector.
Our Safeguarding Policy Statement affirms our commitment to providing extra care and safety for the welfare and interests of those who have additional vulnerabilities, such as; persons with disabilities, children and minors whose safety and security are paramount in all circumstances.
We acknowledge that children and some customers who belong to protective groups can be particularly vulnerable to exploitation and discrimination. We accept our responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps and actions to prevent this from happening and to ensure their welfare through partnerships with law enforcement and local authorities.
The purpose of this safeguarding policy statement is to ensure that regardless of age, disability, gender and gender reassignment, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, and socio-economic background, all customers and all driver-partners across the Ola UK platform can:
- Have a safe, high quality and positive experience
- Are protected from abuse, criminality and discrimination whilst on an Ola journey
- Are provided with these overarching principles that guide our approach to safeguarding and safety
We’re commit to keeping everyone safe by:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting our customers
- Upholding our commitment to deliver the highest standards of service and safety across the Ola platform
- Respect and champion diversity and inclusivity
- Appointing a nominated safety and safeguarding lead for Ola UK, who reports into the UK Managing Director as the lead board member for safeguarding
- Developing and implementing effective and thorough safety response policies and processes to assess, respond and review all safeguarding concerns and/or complaints
- Providing effective management for staff and driver partners through engagement, communication, support, training and quality assurance measures so that everyone involved with Ola’s operations across the United Kingdom knows about and follows our policies, procedures and safeguarding commitments confidently and competently
- Recruiting and selecting staff and driver-partners carefully, ensuring all necessary legal and safeguarding checks are made
- Record, store and use information professionally and securely, in line with data protection legislation and guidance, whilst working collaboratively with regulators and law enforcement where appropriate
- Make sure our customers and driver partners know where to go for support and information on Ola’s safety features such as SOS and Guardian
- Use our safeguarding and safety procedures to share concerns, allegations of crime and relevant information with official regulators and law enforcement to review and/or investigate appropriately
- Use our procedures to manage any allegations against staff and driver partners appropriately
- Ensure that we have effective complaints and investigation strategies and processes in place
- Ensuring that we provide a safe physical environment for all of our customers and driver partners, by applying health and safety measures in accordance with the law and regulatory guidance
Remember – If you have any safeguarding concerns that require immediate attention, dial 999. You’re only able to help someone by reporting your concern to the appropriate authority.