When it’s time to renew your TfL Private Hire Driver’s Licence (PHDL), uploading the document to Ola’s driver app really is a doddle. No paper, no queues, just one simple process you’ve followed before to onboard with us.
If you’ve already renewed your licence, skip straight to the Updating your PHDL in the app section.
The TfL renewal pack
Transport for London (TfL) will send you a renewal pack by post four months prior to your licence’s expiration date. This is to assist you with keeping your licence up to date, and allow plenty of time for processing your application. Individual driver applications can take up to eight weeks.
Alternatively, you can register to renew your PHDL licence online. As an existing licence holder, you likely already have an online TfL customer account. Simply use the registration details provided to you in the pack to login online.
Still waiting on your pack? If you have less than four months until your PHDL expires, call TfL on 0343 222 4444 today.
TfL’s PHDL renewal application process
There are two stages to getting your updated licence.
- Undergo a criminal record check and apply for your DBS certificate, if you’re not already signed up to the DBS update service. We recommend signing up to this service to automate certificate updates and avoid reapplying for a disclosure certificate with each renewal application.
- Apply for your renewal licence.
Before you get started
You’ll need your phone for the app, a secure internet connection to upload and of course, your PHDL paper licence. We accept original, photocopies or scanned copies of your paper licence. Check your paper PHDL licence displays the following key information, so we can verify your document quickly:
- Your first and last name
- The Private Hire badge expiration date
- Your driver photo, as seen on your photo badge
- Council (London)
Updating your PHDL in the app
- Open the Ola driver app
- Enter My Profile > Personal Documents > Private Hire Drivers Licence
- Upload your document
If you need a hand navigating your way through the process, please speak to TfL in the first instance on 0343 222 4444. Should you have any further questions, please contact your local Ola Partner Care team.