Ola has committed a sum of £50 million towards a range of initiatives to enhance safety in mobility, as part of its fight against COVID-19. These initiatives span across technology, driver safety, vehicle standards and more.
- A range of app-based and IoT solutions to help maintain the highest standards of safety
- Using learning from data to enhance our safety proposition
- Rigorous driver-training and certifications, with learning modules and SOPs on hygiene and safety
- Hygiene and safety benchmarks for vehicles
- Strict adherence to cleanliness and sanitisation protocol
- A COVID-19 industry collective to combat the situation more effectively
Ola’s Safety Commitment – Code of Conduct
Mandatory face cover for drivers and riders
Compulsory hand sanitization for drivers
Cars cleaned in between the rides
Occupy only the rear passenger seats (Back-seat policy)
Keeping the AC off and the windows open
Defined driver SOPs
- A daily mandatory checklist for drivers to declare their health and wellness status, to ensure continuous monitoring. This covers a self-health check for symptoms or contact with an infected person.
- Kit check – face covering, sanitiser, disinfectant
- Recap of expectations on safety and hygiene
- Drivers can’t go online/receive bookings until the checks are completed, without raising immediate red flags
We encourage you to share any ideas, feedback or suggestions that you may have that can help us make every ride in this country safe and help us fight COVID. If your Idea is shortlisted we will ensure that you get due credit for it.